Yes, we should have not used the word ‘cheat’ as it is such a strong word. We get asked a lot by our friends as to how we book airline promo fares during promotions, so we decided to create this post for a guide for our friends to get them off our backs on how to do it.
If you are the “promo-booking virtuoso”, leave now as this post is not for you. You can spend time reading our past travel logs or watch our our really cool travel videos or better yet, follow us on Instagram as it sometimes get lonely with just a few followers.
How to Book Airline Promo Fares
- Plan ahead before an Airline Promo Fare is announced – it helps a lot if you already have a planned destination for you next trip so you can easily lock in on that once a promotion is announce. This will save you time because in airline promotions, every second is key. List all those places you have in mind and rank them to importance then #2
- Start booking early – As mentioned, every second is key in airline promotions and there are limited seats for promo fares on each flight. The sooner you try to book, the better chance you have in finding a seat. One thing you need to keep in mind though is that the airline’s website will be snail-slow on the early stages, but check #3
- Be Patient – In life, you will encounter ups and downs and you will just have to endure it and you will eventually succeed. A sentence this deep and meaningful applies to booking airline promo fares too.
- Book in smaller groups – This is more of an observation than a fact. Since there are limited seats for promo fares on each flight, there is likely a set quantity as to how many passengers an IP address can book at once. Personally, we’ve had trouble booking in larger groups compared to if we only book for ourselves.
- Promotions are for direct flights – Some go berserk if they can’t find a promo fare for their selected destination only to find out there is no direct flight to that destination from where he is from. This is specially true to Cebu Pacific’s site which does not automatically trim down the ‘Destination’ based on your ‘Origin’
- Avoid Weekends/Holidays – You are very unlikely be able to find promo fares on such dates since airlines also know there’s a surge of passengers on such dates.
- Be flexible with your travel dates. If you don’t see the promo fares on the dated you want, browse other travel dates until you find one.
- Get your card/wallet ready – Well, it’s pretty obvious that you need it. Seeing and paying for cheap airline tickets is also really addicting. Don’t get caught up in the booking-spree and be sure you have enough funds to pay for your booked tickets. “Huwag umutang! Masama yun!”.
That’s it! Enjoy booking once a new piso promo fare is announced! 🙂